Saturday, May 22, 2010

26.2


On October 31st, I will be running 26.2 miles in the Marine Corps Marathon.
I have no idea what possessed me to decide to do this. I am not a runner. I used to be an ok runner when I was little. I could run really fast for a short distance. That's it.
 But it's not about me. I am running for him. I know he will be with me every step of the way.

Michael always wanted me to run with him. But I never could. I have never really been in shape. I always wished I could be, but I never have. But I have to be now. For him.
30,000 people will be running this race. My dad and my brothers will be running along side with me all for the same reason.
I will make sure that everyone I am around will know that I am running it for him. I want them to know how he was killed and that no matter what, he is a hero.

Training is not easy. Definitely not a walk in the park. I am working my way up to being able to run a 5k, 10k, half marathon, and then finally a full 26.2 miles. I figured as long as I can run 15 miles by the time of the race, I will be ok. I can make it. I will finish.

I will do it for him. No matter what. Blood, sweat, and tears. He is worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh!! Good luck girlie!! You will do great!! My friend has done a few marathons, and is constantly trying to suck me in. I don't run!! She says as long as you can make 10 miles you can finish the whole thing! I think your goal of 15 is perfect! You can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete