Tuesday, December 8, 2009

One Year Ago

Today, one year ago, Michael came home from his last and final deployment. It marked an exciting and scary time for us. Exciting- because he was FINALLY home! Scary- because he was gone for a year and it was going to take some time to adjust to being together again.

It was also the new beginning of our lives together. Things were only going to get better. We were finally moving down to San Diego after living in Oceanside for a year and a half. This meant I was not going to have to drive an hour and a half to school and back. The possibilities of things to do in San Diego were endless. We made plans to get a dog. Michael was wrapping up putting together his MECEP package to hopefully become an officer in the Marine Corps. This was so important to him not only because he would one day become an officer in the Marine Corps, but it also meant he would be able to attend college for 4 years. Which meant no deployments for at least 4 years. After the first of the year, Michael also pinned on Sergeant. Things were only going to get better for us. And they did.

Today has been a tough day. I know I have many more lined up for me. I know that you are watching over me Michael.

No star in the sky will burn longer than my love for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment